After several days of not much happening inside the house, the painters were back at 8 a.m. this morning, and by this evening had painted the lounge, the bathroom and the guest WC.
Outside, the electricity, water and telephone connections are now installed, so now we have mains electricity running to a junction box in the cellar, a water supply (including meter) ready to be connected up and an FTTH (fiber-to-the-home) telephone connection.
We are not sure exactly who Osman is, but he seems to have been proud of his work, and has written his name on the cellar wall (right-hand side of the photo)!
When we arrived at the house this evening, we saw that the two flights of temporary stairs that were installed when the construction started (see “Stairway to Nowhere” from 6th December) are now laying outside.
Inside work was underway to install the stairs. The cellar stairs were already installed and we were able to try them out, and the first few of the stairs to the first floor were installed. An hour or so later when we left, they were almost done and were already working on the bannisters. We assume they by the time we are home and writing this, that the guys are finished and gone.
We are really pleased with the way they look (even though they are still wrapped in polyethene) and because they are no as steep as the temporary ones (because they turn the corner) they are much easier to use!
There’s really not much more to be done now:
- Painters still have to come back
- Internal doors and skirting boards
- Laying the laminate flooring upstairs (will be delivered on Monday for installation by us)
- Installation of the electricity meter
- Connection of the water to the boiler
- Installation of the bathroom suites
- Installation of the solar inverter and battery
- Attaching the plastic surrounds on the sockets
- Installation of the air vents
- The bricks will be cleaned
- (Hopefully we didn’t forget anything on this list!)