Late into the evening, and we are back home, having spent another enjoyable day in Kaarst going through the fine details for the house.
The meeting today was with ‘ePlan 1.1’, who take care of the electrical planning for all new Viebrockhaus houses.
We started by going through all of the electrics for outside the house (power cable for the rainwater tank pump, power cable for the shed, outside lights and sockets), followed by a room-by-room detailed planning of where every socket, light switch, satellite cable etc. is going.
Even though Viebrockhaus include a lot in the standard price, our extras still include:
- Around 30 additional sockets (so now we have 80!)
- A few additional lights (just the cables) inside and outside
- Satellite dish with cabling to three rooms
- Network cabling to three rooms
- A duct to allow for easy installation of more solar panels if we want to in future.
Before we set off for home, we received a printout of the offer for the extras, broken down line-by-line, and a copy of the plan with everything marked.
Our next job is to check (and make any adjustments, if necessary) and sign the plan off in the next two weeks.
Viebrockhaus then have everything they need to build our new house!